Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Canada is part of the US (According to American Airlines)

Canada is now officially part of the US! I would like to congratulate it on becoming the real fifty-first state!

That's right, at least according to American Airlines.

When checking in to fly to Toronto for training, a sign on the AA desk clearly said '$25 for the first bag, domestic. First bag free on international flights.' You can imagine my surprise when they asked for my credit card to charge me for the bag. I suggested that Canada was another country, but didn't complain much (I'll get reimbursed by work).

Again, welcome all canadians, you're now American citizens (according to American Airlines).

3 comments:

Mary Schmitt said...

You know they only charged $15 on the card.

Kyle said...

Doesn't matter, it's the principle of the thing.

Ketra said...

And here we were so pleased with Hera's dual citizenship... I guess we're all Canadian now...